Sweet Mornings

Jad calls them Aurora Toasts.
I searched online and there seems to be no such thing.

Although not the kind of "sweetness" I'd like to get in the morning, this was a good (cheaper) version of a cinnamon roll. I told Jad about the french toasts I made a couple of days ago and he suggested I try coating the egg and milk soaked bread with a cinnamon-brown sugar mixture before I panfry them on butter. If cinnamon rolls are your thing, then you can try this at home.

I made another batch of cookies yesterday. Chriselle's dad heard I baked them and he bought me some of the items I needed even before I arrived. He apparently had been looking forward to them. I made a good batch of cookies yesterday. One of the few I didn't screw up in the first batch. I would sometimes burn or undercook the first tray because not all ovens have the same temperature level. At least not the ones I've used in all my baking so far.

For dinner last night, Chris and I made my usual oil and garlic based pasta but this time we added lots of anchovies, olives and capers to the mix. Next time I'm doing the same combo plus red bell peppers and sun dried tomato. Mmmhm!

One thought on “Sweet Mornings”