I was wondering since yesterday if people can feign wisdom. I've met a few "young" people who speak and think with much insight on their life and the world that I can't help but be in awe of them. I wonder how they could be so learned at such an age when the rest of their kin are busying themselves with useless activities. I look back when I was younger and despite people saying then how "mature" I was for my age, I can't help but feel that I still lacked so much. I wish I had their same knowledge and outlook on life. Then maybe I would have handled some things better in the past.
Then there are the opposite kind. Adults who act like children. We've all encountered them. I've had a chance of hearing about one just today and personally, I am in no mood to nurse anyone's sorry feelings right now. We are adults and should therefore take responsibility for our own lives rather than pass on our frustrations to others. I'd rather not expound on this. It will be a waste of words and thought.
I've just been in such a "GO! FIGHT! GO!" mood lately that I refuse to be affected by people who refuse to move. I feel like such a hypocrite for saying this seeing that I was one myself (and for a very long time too) just a little over a month ago but I can't be swayed from my determination to push forward. It took Louiie for me to realize that it takes a huge (and HARSH) wake up call to get people out of that rut. It's just that in this case, I am not in the position to hand out that slap in the face.
A few people have been asking me about my recent decision about being a Buddhist. I will be understating it when I say it's been really, really great. That, and being surrounded by a great group of people who continue to push each other forward has been helping me a lot. I feel like a force stream is flowing through me, washing away all the negativity and doubt that keep forming in my head. Of course I still worry about a lot of things: money, job, status, family, history. But despite all that, I feel an air of calmness about me telling me to relax and that everything will work out. I've been shakabuku-ing people who ask me about the practice and I read in the lectures (on the 'Expedient Means' and 'Life Span' chapters of the Lotus Sutra) about kosen-rufu and how Shakyamuni shared his knowledge after awakening from his long meditation without being asked or told to do so. Buddhism was born out of the need to cure people's unhappiness. A lot of the buddhism that's generally known today has diverted from that main purpose. SGI has taken that and applied it to the times so that people in the modern world who claim to seek buddhahood no longer have to shave their heads, go to the mountains and isolate themselves for it. There's just something about the practice and its effects on you state of mind that make you want to share it to people. Again, I am very sure I am boring a lot of you out right now but my point is this, I've just been so rejuvinated by the practice that it makes me want to share it to everyone. I just wished everyone had even just a sliver of the peaceful serenity that's been given to me through all this. Ang sarap ng pakiramdam na kalmado ka sa buhay. The strength to embrace the suckiness of life and flip it over to make you better is something that most people are afraid to do. They see a problem and they cower, run or admit defeat. I have turned my own defeat into a positive (and absolutely fabulous) turn on life. At this point, I can consider myself one of the luckiest people alive even after the worst part of 2008. I am here and I am living, surviving and chasing the dreams that I have long shelved.
Nam myoho renge kyo!
Then there are the opposite kind. Adults who act like children. We've all encountered them. I've had a chance of hearing about one just today and personally, I am in no mood to nurse anyone's sorry feelings right now. We are adults and should therefore take responsibility for our own lives rather than pass on our frustrations to others. I'd rather not expound on this. It will be a waste of words and thought.
I've just been in such a "GO! FIGHT! GO!" mood lately that I refuse to be affected by people who refuse to move. I feel like such a hypocrite for saying this seeing that I was one myself (and for a very long time too) just a little over a month ago but I can't be swayed from my determination to push forward. It took Louiie for me to realize that it takes a huge (and HARSH) wake up call to get people out of that rut. It's just that in this case, I am not in the position to hand out that slap in the face.
A few people have been asking me about my recent decision about being a Buddhist. I will be understating it when I say it's been really, really great. That, and being surrounded by a great group of people who continue to push each other forward has been helping me a lot. I feel like a force stream is flowing through me, washing away all the negativity and doubt that keep forming in my head. Of course I still worry about a lot of things: money, job, status, family, history. But despite all that, I feel an air of calmness about me telling me to relax and that everything will work out. I've been shakabuku-ing people who ask me about the practice and I read in the lectures (on the 'Expedient Means' and 'Life Span' chapters of the Lotus Sutra) about kosen-rufu and how Shakyamuni shared his knowledge after awakening from his long meditation without being asked or told to do so. Buddhism was born out of the need to cure people's unhappiness. A lot of the buddhism that's generally known today has diverted from that main purpose. SGI has taken that and applied it to the times so that people in the modern world who claim to seek buddhahood no longer have to shave their heads, go to the mountains and isolate themselves for it. There's just something about the practice and its effects on you state of mind that make you want to share it to people. Again, I am very sure I am boring a lot of you out right now but my point is this, I've just been so rejuvinated by the practice that it makes me want to share it to everyone. I just wished everyone had even just a sliver of the peaceful serenity that's been given to me through all this. Ang sarap ng pakiramdam na kalmado ka sa buhay. The strength to embrace the suckiness of life and flip it over to make you better is something that most people are afraid to do. They see a problem and they cower, run or admit defeat. I have turned my own defeat into a positive (and absolutely fabulous) turn on life. At this point, I can consider myself one of the luckiest people alive even after the worst part of 2008. I am here and I am living, surviving and chasing the dreams that I have long shelved.
Nam myoho renge kyo!
you lost me on shakabuku. but kudos to you for finally finding peace. :)
"its about time.."