Attended the WD/YWD Kick Off meeting yesterday at the culture center. It's my first meeting since joining SGI and everything that was shared yesterday had a whole new meaning for me. There are some things Linda Johnson said yesterday that I've also heard a few times from some SGI members that I'd like to share.
Buddhism reminds us that we're already perfect. Everything we need to be happy and be fulfilled in our lives is already in us. It's simply a matter of bringing out your inner buddha.
Happiness is found in the journey and in your struggle to reach your goal.
Had lunch with Miyuki, Tita, M, Leah, Jennifer and Eileen at Saigon Grill after the meeting. I wish I wasn't running late for work so I could have enjoyed the awesome food better. I scarfed down my meal and 15 minutes before my shift, grabbed a cab at Union Square and told him to step on it. I got to work in 10 minutes only to have Lily tell me to not rush next time and simply call her if I'm running late instead of spending for a cab. Pfft. Oh well.
Weather report said there was supposed to be a snow storm yesterday. It did snow a good part of the day but it ended just before night fall to be replaced by a light drizzle. This caused the thin layer of ice that accumulated on the streets to become wet and slippery. I had to take extra care skiing on the sidewalks going home. I witness no less than 5 people embarrassingly fall on their asses. We also had a little incident at the restaurant last night. A homeless man came in demanding that we call 911. He wanted to be taken to a hospital because it was too cold to sleep outside. He smelled like a really bad public bathroom and stank the place up. Lily and the owner gave him food and nicely asked him to leave but he refused. Richard had to get the cops to come pick him up before he finally left. That entire ordeal was sad but it was a place of business and it had to be done.
I'm supposed to watch Mica dance today at 2:30pm but I think I will stay in for once and spend time with my Omee boy. I've been feeling horrible every time he looks at me with his puppy eyes and says "You're going out again?" I haven't spent an off day at home for weeks. I need to do laundry anyway. Although I might make a quick trip to Brooklyn to get my pasalubong from Ana's house. Poy said my mom sent stuff for me from Manila and I want to see if she got me more than I asked her to get. I miss cheap manila items.
Buddhism reminds us that we're already perfect. Everything we need to be happy and be fulfilled in our lives is already in us. It's simply a matter of bringing out your inner buddha.
Happiness is found in the journey and in your struggle to reach your goal.
Had lunch with Miyuki, Tita, M, Leah, Jennifer and Eileen at Saigon Grill after the meeting. I wish I wasn't running late for work so I could have enjoyed the awesome food better. I scarfed down my meal and 15 minutes before my shift, grabbed a cab at Union Square and told him to step on it. I got to work in 10 minutes only to have Lily tell me to not rush next time and simply call her if I'm running late instead of spending for a cab. Pfft. Oh well.
Weather report said there was supposed to be a snow storm yesterday. It did snow a good part of the day but it ended just before night fall to be replaced by a light drizzle. This caused the thin layer of ice that accumulated on the streets to become wet and slippery. I had to take extra care skiing on the sidewalks going home. I witness no less than 5 people embarrassingly fall on their asses. We also had a little incident at the restaurant last night. A homeless man came in demanding that we call 911. He wanted to be taken to a hospital because it was too cold to sleep outside. He smelled like a really bad public bathroom and stank the place up. Lily and the owner gave him food and nicely asked him to leave but he refused. Richard had to get the cops to come pick him up before he finally left. That entire ordeal was sad but it was a place of business and it had to be done.
I'm supposed to watch Mica dance today at 2:30pm but I think I will stay in for once and spend time with my Omee boy. I've been feeling horrible every time he looks at me with his puppy eyes and says "You're going out again?" I haven't spent an off day at home for weeks. I need to do laundry anyway. Although I might make a quick trip to Brooklyn to get my pasalubong from Ana's house. Poy said my mom sent stuff for me from Manila and I want to see if she got me more than I asked her to get. I miss cheap manila items.



Post a Comment