So last night was another fun night at Miyuki's. I was so sleepy on my way to her place that I napped a bit in the train. Rann, Mica and I got there pretty early.
We snacked on cheese and crackers while we waited for the rest to arrive. Miyuki invited a lot more people last night compared to the Christmas dinner so it was a house full of drunken buddhists! Eisa was unable to attend due to work schedule so Mica was my buddy for the night. I drank a lot more than last time and I actually sang! Hahaha! Yes! Me, Kari, the lady who hates videoke, sang and DANCED. I've been doing a lot of un-kari like stuff lately actually. I think it's mostly because of the new environment and hanging out with an entirely different group of people. It has given me the freedom to be whoever I want to be without anyone commenting how different I've become or how unlike me I've been behaving. It's been so liberating actually. New York has given me such a fresh new start, that I not only have a new life, but I've been welcoming a new side of myself as well.
I was late for work today, the first since I started working. I was afraid I was going to get a lot of flack from Ben when I reached the restaurant that I chanted to myself while rushing to work. I needed the strength to take whatever it was that was coming to me. Then I got to work and find out that Ben wasn't there and that he wasn't going to be there for a while, leaving Lily, whom I love, in charge! I received even better news when Lily told me she'd like to train me to become a host. So, I'll be hosting once a week until she can see that I can handle things on my own. If successful, I won't be serving as much anymore. Yey! One month in and I get noticed agad! We had a pretty good night. Despite not having that many customers, the ones we had racked up their bills so it was like having a full house. Lily and the owner are now focusing their efforts on providing good service since the restaurant's been getting rave reviews online for our excellent service.
I'm off again tomorrow and I plan on having lunch with nana and the rest of the family before she heads to Manila for two months. I was planning on buying little trinkets to send to my family back home but it seems I won't have the time to shop anymore. I'm meeting Mica and Eisa after lunch to check out a few apartments in Brooklyn that we liked then maybe watch a movie. Baka demonyohin ko yung dalawa uminom pagkatapos. Tingnan natin... I need to brainstorm with Eisa about our shoot and Mica has expressed her interest in helping out as well. I've been feeling better about having these small group of people that I can hang out with now. It's been such a lonely couple of months here in New York with no one to laugh with that it's been refreshing having such a fun group of people around me.
Seems like 2009 is revving up to be a fun year!
We snacked on cheese and crackers while we waited for the rest to arrive. Miyuki invited a lot more people last night compared to the Christmas dinner so it was a house full of drunken buddhists! Eisa was unable to attend due to work schedule so Mica was my buddy for the night. I drank a lot more than last time and I actually sang! Hahaha! Yes! Me, Kari, the lady who hates videoke, sang and DANCED. I've been doing a lot of un-kari like stuff lately actually. I think it's mostly because of the new environment and hanging out with an entirely different group of people. It has given me the freedom to be whoever I want to be without anyone commenting how different I've become or how unlike me I've been behaving. It's been so liberating actually. New York has given me such a fresh new start, that I not only have a new life, but I've been welcoming a new side of myself as well.I was late for work today, the first since I started working. I was afraid I was going to get a lot of flack from Ben when I reached the restaurant that I chanted to myself while rushing to work. I needed the strength to take whatever it was that was coming to me. Then I got to work and find out that Ben wasn't there and that he wasn't going to be there for a while, leaving Lily, whom I love, in charge! I received even better news when Lily told me she'd like to train me to become a host. So, I'll be hosting once a week until she can see that I can handle things on my own. If successful, I won't be serving as much anymore. Yey! One month in and I get noticed agad! We had a pretty good night. Despite not having that many customers, the ones we had racked up their bills so it was like having a full house. Lily and the owner are now focusing their efforts on providing good service since the restaurant's been getting rave reviews online for our excellent service.
I'm off again tomorrow and I plan on having lunch with nana and the rest of the family before she heads to Manila for two months. I was planning on buying little trinkets to send to my family back home but it seems I won't have the time to shop anymore. I'm meeting Mica and Eisa after lunch to check out a few apartments in Brooklyn that we liked then maybe watch a movie. Baka demonyohin ko yung dalawa uminom pagkatapos. Tingnan natin... I need to brainstorm with Eisa about our shoot and Mica has expressed her interest in helping out as well. I've been feeling better about having these small group of people that I can hang out with now. It's been such a lonely couple of months here in New York with no one to laugh with that it's been refreshing having such a fun group of people around me.
Seems like 2009 is revving up to be a fun year!

Post a Comment