Hindi ko pala nabanggit kahapon na hindi namin nakuha yung apartment. The landlord ended up choosing someone else so me, Mica and Benny are apartment hunting once again. I guess we're meant to get a better (and cheaper?) one. Craigslist is once again my morning and evening routine.
A US Airways plane headed to North Carolina took off from LaGuardia today and ended up landing in the Hudson River. Why? Because of them damn birds that's why. There were no fatalities, just a lot of very wet people who barely enjoyed an hour through their plane ride. It's weird seeing the tail end of a plane sticking out of the Hudson River on TV. It's like watching a movie (did anyone see Accidental Hero?) and knowing that I AM IN NEW YORK. Yeah boi. Manhattan is such a small island compared to the rest of America but in movies, great world catastrophies always happens in New York. Remember Cloverfield? Armaggedon? Men in Black? War of the Worlds? I am Legend? The Day After Tomorrow? and it goes on and on and on...
Lake Bell came back to the restaurant today to order takeout. I acted like a teenage idiot, running to the front register to greet her. I gave her free tea while she waited for her sandwich and was mouthing to Lily, "LILY!!! THAT'S THE GIRL I SHOWED YOU IN THE MAGAZINE!!!"
One customer got my nationality right today. She couldn't help herself and really asked me, "Where are you from originally?" When I told her I was Filipino, she looked at her date and went "See?! I TOLD you!" turns to me and goes "You sound just like my friend! She works at this restaurant in SOHO. You should go. You sound just like her!"
Right.
So I will actually go to SOHO just to hear another pinay talk like me? Sure.
It was only a few months ago that I realized that we do have an accent to the americans. I've always been under the impression that I spoke pretty decent english compared to how HappySlip mimics her mother. Well, according to Jammi, I speak like a palengke slut. (Jamila, I will never live that down)
Usually, when conversing with friends, I find it fairly easy to do so in english. But when talking to non-pinoy people, which forces me to completely express myself without a lick of tagalog, I lose all my ability to find the right words and sound like a child who speaks in fragments and sometimes, (the horror!) nababarok ako. Ewan, buti nalang exotic yung itsura ko, papasa yung kabarokan ko. To them, it may pass as an endearing foreign quality.
O sha. Wala nanamang ka-kwenta kwenta tong pinagsususulat ko.
A US Airways plane headed to North Carolina took off from LaGuardia today and ended up landing in the Hudson River. Why? Because of them damn birds that's why. There were no fatalities, just a lot of very wet people who barely enjoyed an hour through their plane ride. It's weird seeing the tail end of a plane sticking out of the Hudson River on TV. It's like watching a movie (did anyone see Accidental Hero?) and knowing that I AM IN NEW YORK. Yeah boi. Manhattan is such a small island compared to the rest of America but in movies, great world catastrophies always happens in New York. Remember Cloverfield? Armaggedon? Men in Black? War of the Worlds? I am Legend? The Day After Tomorrow? and it goes on and on and on...
Lake Bell came back to the restaurant today to order takeout. I acted like a teenage idiot, running to the front register to greet her. I gave her free tea while she waited for her sandwich and was mouthing to Lily, "LILY!!! THAT'S THE GIRL I SHOWED YOU IN THE MAGAZINE!!!"
One customer got my nationality right today. She couldn't help herself and really asked me, "Where are you from originally?" When I told her I was Filipino, she looked at her date and went "See?! I TOLD you!" turns to me and goes "You sound just like my friend! She works at this restaurant in SOHO. You should go. You sound just like her!"
Right.
So I will actually go to SOHO just to hear another pinay talk like me? Sure.
It was only a few months ago that I realized that we do have an accent to the americans. I've always been under the impression that I spoke pretty decent english compared to how HappySlip mimics her mother. Well, according to Jammi, I speak like a palengke slut. (Jamila, I will never live that down)
Usually, when conversing with friends, I find it fairly easy to do so in english. But when talking to non-pinoy people, which forces me to completely express myself without a lick of tagalog, I lose all my ability to find the right words and sound like a child who speaks in fragments and sometimes, (the horror!) nababarok ako. Ewan, buti nalang exotic yung itsura ko, papasa yung kabarokan ko. To them, it may pass as an endearing foreign quality.
O sha. Wala nanamang ka-kwenta kwenta tong pinagsususulat ko.
Heeeeeeeeeeeee! But your palengke slut ways is one of the many things I love about you! :D
love ka jan. charing!
stop dignifying your insult and just read for me. i have a "deadline" coming very soon and I'd like to hear what your deck has to say about it. Please?