Cooking Pasta for One

I only had Cheerios for breakfast and I had a craving for pasta so I whipped myself a quick dish. Kate, Jose and Joann are out for the day so I was making this for one. Managed to get just the right amount of ingredients to serve myself.

Hey Grace, here's something you can make yourself if you still have time to cook after work. It's quick and easy and should fit your diet just fine since it doesn't have any cheese or any other fattening items.

You'll need:
Pasta, cooked just before al dente.
About 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Half a small bulb of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Sliced Green Olives(I used red pepper stuffed ones)
Capers (optional, but really good)
Salt and Pepper

Sauté your garlic in the oil until soft (don't burn!). Add the parsley and your cooked pasta. Toss them all together. Throw in your olives and capers. Season with salt and pepper (freshly cracked black peppers are nice). Voila!

Serves 1

Laundry just finished and I'm folding clothes now. Will go to the gym for an extended session later. I skipped a day over the weekend and I need to make up for it. Bea and Paul are arriving tonight and they're supposed to pick me up on Saturday. Knowing Paul and his family, I bet there will be a lot of eating over the next few days.

Next week's topic for P7D can be seen on the site. I'm assigned to make the initial post for it and I don't know how I'm going to do it. I have so many ideas but none of the resources I need to pull it off. Louiie just emailed saying that she will also post on the topic so expect 3 posts next week. Ging is mocking me by saying the topic fits me perfectly. Ugh!

3 thoughts on “Cooking Pasta for One”

  1. SHIT, that IS a cool topic!

    ...WHAT are you going to do?

    hah!

    good luck! i can't wait to see it :D parang i want to keep the counter on the site nga eh...

  2. hey kari!

    i agree with jammi...

    putting the counter on your site adds excitement while anticipating when the next post comes up.