I missed Joann

I went back to Kate's a day earlier than planned since I didn't want to pack for my trip at the last minute. I ended up not packing anyway because as soon as I got back, I was greeted by this...I didn't realize how much I missed her! I made her laugh so hard until she passed out on my bed. My mom is in San Mateo so she called me earlier and we talked for about two hours. Thank gawd for free minutes. I also got one of my two packages from Ebay today, the off shoe camera cord! I love it so much! I still have to get the hang of shooting with one hand while the other hand holds my speedlight away from the cam. My next purchase will either be a tripod or a lightstand w/ the shoot through umbrella.

experimenting with different positions of light

I need to sleep soon since the Santiagos are picking me up again tomorrow at 7am to head out to the beach. I don't know how I'm supposed to walk around in my swimsuit with confidence after the week I spent with them. The hours at the gym the past month was cancelled out by all the eating I've done in the last days. Their family has been more than wonderful for letting me crash with them for the week. We were cramped in that house with 8 people in a 3-bedroom house but they didn't seem to mind. Tomorrow should be fun! I won't be seeing them again until end of September before I head out east. I'll miss thos guys! Georgie too!!!