Jose was in the mood for a drive so we all went to Balboa Island in Newport Beach this afternoon. It was a great day for a swim, too bad I didn't bring my swimsuit. I didn't think it would be an actual beach. I thought it only had a view of the ocean or something. The waves were enormous and of course I was immediately reminded of my pet fish, Niki. Hahaha!
We sat on the sand for a while then spent about an hour after that looking for a place to eat. The island was full of families and groups of friends enjoying a hot Sunday afternoon out so every place was packed. We ended up at a diner in Newport where I had a Bleu cheese burger (sadly, Gourmet's version is much better). Their apple pie a la mode rocked, though. Mmmmm...I love apple pie...Photos from today can be seen here.

how big were the waves kari?
wait... saw your pics =D
hello, your food pics never fails to make me drool. Your blog about Chi's made me drag Raf and friends there. Yummy!
Anyhoo, your blog is a good read after w0rk. keep 'em coming.
Miss ya! I may visit the US again next year. Hope to see you and the Santiagerrs. =D
awww. thanks sweetie. I don't know what my plans are yet. I may not be here in the US long. But I hope to see you all soon! I miss all the food trips!