Ok, before anything else, let me just say to the only lady who can literally fit in my shoes,
In case you didn't see my YM message, I'm giving you a thousand virtual hugs from New York! I miss you so much you have no idea! You are probably one of the first people I think of when I remember my one year blip back in Manila. Meeting you was worth it. Wheeee!!!
So anyway, today I was in a slight panic. Olivea and Rann were coming over to see my room and check where I planned to keep my Butsudan. My room was a bloody mess and I needed to fix it fast! I made a quick trip to the 99c store to score stuff to organize my bags, scarves, and hoped to get a cheap shoe rack to keep my unnecessary collection of footwear. I couldn't find anything worth spending money on so I had to fix everything up to make my room look worthy enough to house my scroll. I did my laundry to get rid of the unsightly pile that's been building up around the room. In between chores, I was browsing through the SGI website to see what questions I might have when they came. When Oli came in and asked to see my room, I was nervous when I showed her where I planned to keep my altar (by the window facing the back of the building), I was half-expecting her to say "Oh, NO! Not there! That's not at all the right place to keep it! That's not going to work!" Good thing they said it was alright. I didn't have any other place to keep it anyway. I already have very limited space in Omar's dining room-turned bedroom space. I also spoke to Tita Chon about my decision to start practicing and that they may hear me chanting in the mornings and evenings. She laughed and said it was a good thing I told her, otherwise she might have called 911 to say I've gone crazy.
Rann and Oli were patient in answering questions they must have heard a thousand times. There are still so many things I want to know and need to know. They've provided me with enough reading material to last me for a good long while. I've bought quite a few books these past several weeks, all of which I have not even started reading and will have to be set aside again.
The end of the year is coming. So much has happened and so much has changed. I feel like I'm on an express train to a speedy new beginning. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Btw, this is super delayed but I want to give a big shout out to Jun and Lissa for getting hitched last December 20. After 10 years of being together, they have made it official!
So anyway, today I was in a slight panic. Olivea and Rann were coming over to see my room and check where I planned to keep my Butsudan. My room was a bloody mess and I needed to fix it fast! I made a quick trip to the 99c store to score stuff to organize my bags, scarves, and hoped to get a cheap shoe rack to keep my unnecessary collection of footwear. I couldn't find anything worth spending money on so I had to fix everything up to make my room look worthy enough to house my scroll. I did my laundry to get rid of the unsightly pile that's been building up around the room. In between chores, I was browsing through the SGI website to see what questions I might have when they came. When Oli came in and asked to see my room, I was nervous when I showed her where I planned to keep my altar (by the window facing the back of the building), I was half-expecting her to say "Oh, NO! Not there! That's not at all the right place to keep it! That's not going to work!" Good thing they said it was alright. I didn't have any other place to keep it anyway. I already have very limited space in Omar's dining room-turned bedroom space. I also spoke to Tita Chon about my decision to start practicing and that they may hear me chanting in the mornings and evenings. She laughed and said it was a good thing I told her, otherwise she might have called 911 to say I've gone crazy.
Rann and Oli were patient in answering questions they must have heard a thousand times. There are still so many things I want to know and need to know. They've provided me with enough reading material to last me for a good long while. I've bought quite a few books these past several weeks, all of which I have not even started reading and will have to be set aside again.
The end of the year is coming. So much has happened and so much has changed. I feel like I'm on an express train to a speedy new beginning. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Btw, this is super delayed but I want to give a big shout out to Jun and Lissa for getting hitched last December 20. After 10 years of being together, they have made it official!







Post a Comment