Christmas Dindin turned Sing-a-long

Headed out to Jersey last night for Christmas dinner at Miyuki and Rahul's apartment. I was the newbie in this crazy group of SGI folks. They were all hilarious and all apparently very much into videoke. Eisa, Tom and I were so hungry on our way to the party that we silently sat in our corners while we scarfed down appetizers of fruits, veggies and dip, salami, and cheese. We had a wonderful gourmet dinner of steak and salmon c/o chefs Rann and Ryan. There was enough wine to loosen everyone up by the time Rahul plugged in the videoke night. There was never just one person singing the whole night. We made so much noise I was surprised the neighbors didn't complain. I had a small purse with me so I borrowed tita Chon's cybershot instead of bringing my DSLR. I'm such a doofus with p&s cams so I took home horrible photos. I wanted to piece together small clips from videos I took of last night but something about the video files in the cybershot keeps me from cutting up certain pieces. Besides, I don't think most of you will understand and appreciate the hilarity of the videos unless you were actually there. So, I give you some pics from last night instead.
Tita M and her wild hair

Me and Ryan
Kitchen Folks
Girls of karaoke

Rann and Oli

Tita Ella and Tita Maria

Me and Eisa
Everyone dancing while Rann belts out Livin La Vida Loca
Everyone belting out New York, New York

The rest of us that were left standing by around 2am left together. It was a looong trip from Jersey to Queens. Despite my recent decision to not look for apartments until I've saved up more money, it is on nights like last night that I wished I had a place that's closer. I planned on cabbing home when I got to my stop but, seeing that it's 3:30am, there was no cab in sight. I had no other choice but to walk the 27 blocks in my not-for-cold-weather-long-distance-walking flats. By the time I got to our building, I was a bit woozy from the cold and had the most difficult time fitting the keys in the locks and getting up the small flight of stairs.

Fight lang ng fight! Go lang ng go!

One thought on “Christmas Dindin turned Sing-a-long”