Hinga Kari, hingaaaa....

Days like these are so weird it stresses you out and keeps you alive at the same time. A few things...

Last night, Paul and Ben left work earlier than scheduled. They obviously had somewhere to go leaving me to do all closing duties alone. Big whoop.

I woke up later than usual today so I was frantically getting ready for work and missed my original scheduled bus. Good thing buses in the morning come frequently and I was only late for about 7 minutes.

Despite the good sunny afternoon weather, lunch was slow and boring. My usual lunch customers arrived without fail and one finally mustered up the courage to ask for my number. I laughed and said he was funny but I dunno.

We set up the Christmas tree at the restaurant today, which I can tell will be a bitch to take care of. We got the real tree and the pine needles shed like crazy. Ben's particularly anal about sweeping the floor so all I can say about that is UGH!

Brian came in late today and showed me the new tattoo he got of a duck. Yes, seriously, a flying duck. Whatever. But he made me want to get my next one real soon.

Benjamin came in and since the restaurant was DEAD until 8:30pm, he started fixing all the liquor bottles behind the bar and organizing and dusting them. I noticed how he kept all the nice bottles arranged and kept the ugly liquor below. He made sure all labels faced forward and all nozzles faced a 45 degree angle. If you know how much of an OC I am, you will understand how the sight of all that gave me a teeny orgasm.

I served Lake Bell earlier. You're probably going WHO?! Well, that's exactly what I thought when I was talking to her. I was giving her suggestions on what to order, etc. and I kept racking my head trying to figure out who she was and where I've seen her before. I asked Paul and he said I probably just saw her in the restaurant before. I was not convinced and was pleased that she paid her bill by card and I got to see her name. If you've seen What Happens in Vegas, then you'll know who she is. That's her beside Cameron Diaz.
She ordered a plate of crispy chicken and kept asking me for "fun" sauces apart from the one that came with the dish. For her last two pieces, she asked if she could get a side of marinara sauce since she knew we had them for the hero sammies. I went with Paul to the kitchen to ask the chef if we could get some and even if I didn't understand a lick of cantonese, I knew the chef was cursing at me. Paul tries to lighten up the situation by smiling. I let it slide. I'm sure this wasn't the first time he's said anything remotely insulting and I've grown used the fact that the majority of the kitchen staff think I'm a doofus. It's in that regard that I'm thankful that I have no idea what they say behind my back or to my face. Everytime I bump into the chef going into the kitchen, he gives an annoyed grunt but I've learned to ignore it by now.

Mejo nasira lang ang gabi ko ng konti because I didn't know that Benjamin was in charge of all customers on the bar AND the ones who sit in the lounge area. Paul, Brian and I pool all our tips together so it never mattered if I jumped in to help take the order or request of a table whom Paul originally attended to. There was a couple by the lounge that were waiting and Brian said they seemed ready to order, Benjamin was busy making the drink for my other table so I went up and took the couple's order and served them. Later, Ben (the manager) finds out and asks me why I took it. I HONESTLY HAD NO IDEA. Apparently, taking tables in Benjamin's area matters since he takes the tips from only those tables. He then proceeded to tease me about how I stole it from him. Napikon ako potek. Hindi ako nagnanakaw ng tips okay! I just got a lot of flack from Ben before about making customers wait so I felt the need to jump in and take it! Bejamin left early tonight for that gig and as he was clocking out, he smiled at me and dared me to steal more of his tables tomorrow. I scowled at him. Then he leaned down (since I was sitting on a small stool) and kissed me on the cheek and said he was just teasing. Mas lalo tuloy akong nabwiset. Bwiset na lalake to. I told Paul to take out the tips from that table out of my share and give it to Benjamin. For my own peace of mind, I don't want anyone thinking I stole anything. UGH. UGH. UGH.

Ben sent me home an hour and a half early tonight. When he said I could go, I didn't even try to insist on staying. I took it and ran. I caught the express trains to Ditmars and I was at the bus stop by 12midnight. But the bus came 40 minutes later so I stood in the freezing cold for so long. I tried to bundle up as much as I could and must've looked ridiculous trying to cover myself up to shield my face from the wind because a man came up to me and informed me that I could wait inside the bank beside the bus stop if it was too cold. Naawa siguro sa itsura ko. I walked to the bank and saw that several people had decided to wait for the bus inside as well.

I so wanted to drink tonight. All the heat and stress from the restaurant makes me want to start smoking again. I wish I had my constants here so I have people to hang out with after work like I used to. Sigh...

5 thoughts on “Hinga Kari, hingaaaa....”