Every time I told someone I was moving to New York, the first reaction I got was "ANG LAMIG DOON!!" I keep telling them that I knew and that I could handle it. We are currently in the steady 50s and there's no where to go but down. The other night when we went out for italian dinner, Tita Chon was saying how cold it was and Tito Mo replied, "What are you talking about?! It's 50 degrees out! (he says it like in this matter of fact manner like it's really nothing) In Syracuse, it must be 10!! Syracuse is a city upstate where my grandmother and uncle live. We called them later that night and asked what they weather was like, they said thery were in the 30s. Crikey!
Tita Chon woke up with one eye shut (infected somehow) so she needed me to drive her around for work. She works for the Visiting Nurse Service of NY and goes from house to house to check on patients. She had three clients to see today so I didn't really have to drive too long or too far. I have to say that people in NY drive very differently from how I got used to in California. Maraming tarantado dito! We had McDonalds for dinner since Omar has been begging for it since I got here. He's allowed to go to McDonald's once a month only so he was allowed to have his junkfood today.
I forgot to bring my jacket out today and had to run through the biting cold since we parked the car a block away from the apartment. I got home and the dogs ran to me obviously needing attention. Libby was pulling a Juno (Louiie's cat), jumping to my knee and putting her paws on my hand as if she was saying "Touch me please.." I could see that the dogs needed to be walked already since Lucy was scratching the door. Everytime I walked the girls, Lucy almost always never poops. Tonight, she did her business twice. Picking up dogsh!t is something I'm still getting used to. In Manila, Max goes wherever and whenever he wants to.
I'm going back to the city to meet up with Kelly tomorrow. We might go to The Met to check out the Van Gogh Exhibit and walk around the neighboring areas. We're both short on dough so this will strictly be a walking-look-but-no-touch day, haha! We'll just have hotdogs and pretzels in the park or something similar like that. Hopefully I'll have a much more meaningful post and photos tomorrow.


We had flurries today up here in Canada-land. We're also supposed to get a wonderful temperature reading of -7 (19F to you) tomorrow. Isn't winter awesome? @_@
HOMAYGAHD! i've been in snowy syracuse before but i've never paid attention to temperatures until recently so we'll see how low this will get.
We're still getting to as high as 81 today. Now i know why people talk about the weather so much here! Still feels like summer and fall overlapping.
you must teach me how to pick up poop! hahaha!