Heartbroken

It's funny. After my recent break-up, one would think that a blog entitled "Heartbroken" would be dedicated to a long post on a supposed love that's been lost. Instead, the title has been reserved for my feelings about ANTHONY BOURDAIN BEING IN MANILA.

*insert weeping Kari here*

I woke up and found out this news on a friend's Facebook status message. I quickly googled it and confirmed that he IS in the Philippines. WHY? OH WHY of all the times for him to be in my country could I be in New York?!? Which is ironic since NY is his hometown. I will not hide it, a tear fell while reading a post I found online about his visit to Cafe Ysabel. She had photos!!! I.WANT.TO.CRY.

And here I was thinking, "Hey! I'm finally in New York! Maybe I'll rifle through my copy of Kitchen Confidential and check out the places he mentioned in the book. Maybe I'll see him around!" NOT!

Anthony Bourdain, THE man, THE food rockstar of our generation. My hero. The man who fueled my desire to travel the world and who taught me that there's just so much good food to be had to waste one's time being a vegetarian, is in my home country. This made me very, very sad.

Another ironic thing is, just last night, after staying up watching episodes of his show, No Reservations on my iPod, my last thoughts were (I kid you not), a mental note to blog about where I would take Tony if he were to visit Manila. What would I make him try? I started ticking off items in my head until the list of dishes lulled me to sleep like a child counting sheep.

*wipes a tear*

Updated:
Bourdain has a blog. How could I have ever missed this? I've been sad that he hasn't written a book since A Cook's Tour. So this should provide me with good reading material until he decides to write one again.

One thought on “Heartbroken”