Got lots of picture time again today. Please forgive my vanity. The next time I go back to the city, I will no longer have anyone to take my photos. Met up with Kelly near Madison Square Garden then we took the bus to Central Park. I don't know if she was excited or what because she made us get off 6 blocks short of our intended stop! We turned the mistake into an opportunity however, by strolling through the park and taking pictures!!!
(sorry, I have to make a new set of actions to remove my name on photos I obviously did not take...like the ones with ME in it!)



Since we were both on a budget and I hadn't had anything to eat all day, we both had a hotdog by the Met before going in. Published admission prices to most of the museums in New York are suggested rates. Meaning, they are suggesting you give this much (for the Met, it's $20) but you can actually just state your own price. For example, (Kelly had to do this since I was too shy to do it myself) Kelly goes to the ticket counter and says, "I'm making a $5 donation for two people please." Hahaha! That's it! We're both in! My cousin's husband even has the guts to donate $1 for 6 people!
The Met was huge and there's no way to see everything in one day. I will not be a hypocrite and say I wanted to see it all. My interest in art have mostly been limited to 19th-20th century Impressionist paintings. I skimmed through the rest of the collections and even skipped some and spent most of my time in the galleries that featured Monet, Pissaro, Degas, Van Gogh, Seurat, etc. I took a few photos from the Egyptian, Asian and Greek collections and you can see them along with the rest of the Central Park pictures in this album.
Mr. Santiago,
Nakita ko na ang La Copa dela Vida

There were waaaay too many artifacts in the museum that it was exhausting trying to look at them all. Besides, I'll probably have a better appreciation of the statue of Aphrodite if it wasn't among 50 other marble statues in the room. They must have had about 20 displays of "Bust of Man." You see one, you've seen them all, no matter how different the size and features are. I was actually more taken with the damaged looking ones like these.
I will have to go back there again one of these days to see the rest of the collection.
(sorry, I have to make a new set of actions to remove my name on photos I obviously did not take...like the ones with ME in it!)

from Belvedere Castle with the upper east side on the background


Since we were both on a budget and I hadn't had anything to eat all day, we both had a hotdog by the Met before going in. Published admission prices to most of the museums in New York are suggested rates. Meaning, they are suggesting you give this much (for the Met, it's $20) but you can actually just state your own price. For example, (Kelly had to do this since I was too shy to do it myself) Kelly goes to the ticket counter and says, "I'm making a $5 donation for two people please." Hahaha! That's it! We're both in! My cousin's husband even has the guts to donate $1 for 6 people!
The Met was huge and there's no way to see everything in one day. I will not be a hypocrite and say I wanted to see it all. My interest in art have mostly been limited to 19th-20th century Impressionist paintings. I skimmed through the rest of the collections and even skipped some and spent most of my time in the galleries that featured Monet, Pissaro, Degas, Van Gogh, Seurat, etc. I took a few photos from the Egyptian, Asian and Greek collections and you can see them along with the rest of the Central Park pictures in this album.Mr. Santiago,
Nakita ko na ang La Copa dela Vida

There were waaaay too many artifacts in the museum that it was exhausting trying to look at them all. Besides, I'll probably have a better appreciation of the statue of Aphrodite if it wasn't among 50 other marble statues in the room. They must have had about 20 displays of "Bust of Man." You see one, you've seen them all, no matter how different the size and features are. I was actually more taken with the damaged looking ones like these.I will have to go back there again one of these days to see the rest of the collection.










looks like someone brought a shotgun to the Met.