My parents insisted on having breakfast in KFC today. KFC?!?! Hello! You go to Vietnam and eat at KFC? I refused to partake in such an outrage but had to go with them as my mom wasn't comfortable with me wandering around on my own (at 26 years old! geez). I walked with them to both the Saigon Center and the Saigon Square before Kim and I wandered off to Ben Thanh by ourselves. My sister kept getting mistaken for a local and was repeatedly served complements and stares the whole time.Since I hadn't had any breakfast, I was anxious to try Ben Thanh's offerings.
Soft noodles topped with crispy spring roll and a fresh shrimp noodle roll
iced ca phe
I also bought a few dried kiwi slices to snack on. Kim and I shopped around for a couple of hours. Ben Thanh market is a MAZE! We kept passing the same aisles several times thinking we haven't gone that way before.
Was hoping to go try Com Nieu Saigon but the way things are going, chances of that happening are bleak. Even the Mekong Delta trip is looking a bit iffy since my mom and sister are no longer up for the long trip to the delta. I still really want to go though and may go on my own if I can get a tour that won't cost much since tours are cheaper if you're in a group.
Was hoping to go try Com Nieu Saigon but the way things are going, chances of that happening are bleak. Even the Mekong Delta trip is looking a bit iffy since my mom and sister are no longer up for the long trip to the delta. I still really want to go though and may go on my own if I can get a tour that won't cost much since tours are cheaper if you're in a group.

Post a Comment