Sunny Sunday in Prospect Park


Despite yesterday's bad weather, we were blessed with sun and blue skies today. Was unable to go to Beacon's Closet as originally intended since I spent most of my time walking through 7th Ave in Park Slope and taking photos in Prospect Park. I was supposed to take the bus to Barnes and Noble to buy my copy of Twilight but it was such a great day that I decided to walk 10 blocks to the bookstore. I had a late brunch at a small diner-cafe on 9th st (3 more blocks down) and decided to roam around the park two blocks west of 7th Ave. It was a lovely day with families playing with their kids, friends playing frisbee, baseball , soccer and other games. There were a lot of people just lying on the grass so I chose a spot and joined them. I browsed through my magazine until I got a message from Rann to come over to their apartment for wine. I walked further down to 14th st where he and his wife Olivea lived. By this time, I had already walked over 20 blocks, not including the time I spent roaming around the park. Mind you, Prospect Park is Brooklyn's version of Manhattan's Central Park. Not as large but just as beautiful. When I got to their place, I was only too glad to sit down and enjoy some tea since my fingers have gotten so numb from the cold. They've been so numb a lot lately that I've been coming home with little knicks and scratches on my fingers without knowing how I got them.

I had a great time chatting with another old friend. He, of course, didn't hesitate to start his long ass speech on why I should stay in New York and not even consider going back to Manila. They live in a small but very nice apartment and the location couldn't be better. The apartment is very close to the subway and bus station and they even have a view of the Manhattan skyline from their window!

Brooklyn is beautifully lined with rows upon rows of Brownstone Houses.


All photos from today can be viewed individually here.


Also, I saw another actor-comedian today but I don't know his name. I've been racking my brain trying to remember where I saw him before. He's not a big name star, just a dude in a supporting role somewhere. Trying to remember this is going to kill me all night.

The only downer of the day was when I opened my inbox and saw this:

"Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your application for our Sales Executive role. Although your skills and experience are impressive, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful.

All the best for your future endeavors."

I don't know whether to be sad or to laugh at how blunt the email was..."unfortunately been unsuccessful." Hahaha!

6 thoughts on “Sunny Sunday in Prospect Park”

  1. hayup ka boy! ang bilis mo magbasa. kaka-update ko lang ah.

    oh well...wrong spelling pa nga yung "endeavors" nya sa email eh. inayos ko lang. hahaha!