Rain on my Brooklyn Day

Yes. Did not do what I originally planned today. I hope to have better luck tomorrow. I'm not in museum mode today so I may not go to the Brooklyn Museum. I might buy Twilight at Barnes and Noble and read in Prospect Park. Gasps fill the air! "You have NOT read Twilight?!?" No I haven't. I'm sure I'll love it. It took me until the 5th Harry Potter to come out before I started reading it. Why did it take me this long to start reading? I dunno. I just wasn't feeling it and I didn't want to start a book I didn't plan on finishing. Despite my unemployment, I never did have the luxury of time to sit down and read a book. I haven't even started reading my copy of Wicked which Chriselle gave me as a going away present. I decided to read Twilight now because the movie is coming out in two weeks and I want to read it before then.

I had my first NY Bagel today. I've been hearing all this hype about New York making the best bagels in the world and it was, well...a BAGEL. I dunno. Maybe I'm supposed to try the ones in Manhattan, rather than in Brooklyn. They were alright. I had mine like I always do: Onion bagel with cream cheese and tomato. It was good. Just not worth the hype, not yet anyway.

Ana took me to this thrift store on Park Slope called Beacon's Closet. From the moment I walked in, I knew it was a place where I'd need a whole day in. I didn't want to go around too much because I wasn't in "shopping mode," meaning I'm not dressed in clothes that I can easily take off and I had way too much stuff in my bag to lug around while rummaging through racks. I will go back there tomorrow. I found a couple of amazing dresses and tops I want to try out. I hope they're still there tomorrow. I did buy one thing though. I found this really cool chunky ring that I had to have right then and there.


Ana and Poy's apartment:

Please excuse the mess. It's not theirs, its mine. The air bed against the wall is where I slept. The pillows on the dining table are mine. The bags by the coffee table are my kalat.
Ana in the kitchen checking on the spaghetti sauce.

The stuff hanging on the back of the chair are mine too. :(

Ana is designing a line of women's golf apparel which she will release on Fall 2009. She has a website at http://www.anadivinagracia.com which has nothing yet. On the right side of the photo are some of her designs and on the left by the window are her and Poy's golf clubs. They are die hard golfers (I don't get it) and are actually thinking of moving to California just so they can play gold all year round.

Also, do you notice the stripes on the wall? That's not wallpaper. Ana used masking tape around the surrounding walls supposedly to paint over but she ended up keeping it. You won't notice it unless you stare close. haha!

We stayed in the rest of the day and Poy made pasta. They also let me try their favorite cake called Red Velvet which we bought earlier from Cake Man Raven. It's a chocolate cake that's red with cream cheese frosting. It is one of the best cakes I have ever tried! At $6 a slice, it better be good!

They also have their own baby who's just under a year old. Meet their corgi, Taco. He's so very cute and playful. Watch him on the video below.

Taco and his new bandana.






Currently chatting with my very, very, very old (my very first ever in nursery school actually) friend Candice, who calls herself Candy now. It's 2am and we're chatting and laughing about the countless times she slept over at my house when we were 13 and spent the entire night taping Jonathan Brandis and Joey Lawrence posters on my entire wall. And all the guys we stalked in highschool. Haha! Such great times. I miss her so much I wish I can fly to Sydney to see her. Sigh...Anyway, I sleep soon..long walking day tomorrow!