Hope Floats

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding."

-John Updike
A few days ago, I thought I had surrendered to the fact that I have lost my chance to live in a dream. When I was walking around the city a few days ago, getting lost , looking up and around at the buildings and the people breezing past me, it was then that I admitted to myself, how in love I am with New York. Before my arrival, I was so afraid of this place. The idea of this city scared the bejeezus out of me and I never even considered living here. Well, I'm here now and its honestly quite difficult not to be blown away by the romance this place brings. The air, the sights, the sounds, all work together to bring you in and lull you into a state of drunken euphoria. It's like something in the air is whispering to you, telling you it's not too late. It took a virtual slap from Louiie to get me to finally make my decision, but I may have already decided on it even before we had our little chat. I'm so excited. I can't wait to start.