I refused to spend my last free day in New York indoors so I went out. I had no planned destination but wanted to pass by the Adorama Camera store on W 18th st. I rode the N express by mistake and missed my stop. I got off Union Square and saw there was a Holiday Market at the park. I walked around and browsed through the stalls. I bought two flower broaches and a lined bonnet for Syracuse. Upstate is covered with inches of snow and I can't even begin to wonder how I'm to survive it. The restaurant Rann works at was a few blocks east so I decided to pay him a visit. I made a slight detour to Barnes and Noble to purchase The Graveyard Book. From there, I walked in the wrong direction three times and doubling back repeatedly until I found the right street. I still keep getting confused with uptown, downtown, east side and westside. It looks simple enough in a map but its entirely different when you're in the city. I checked out a vintage store and checked out their awesome selection of boots and coats. I bought nothing since I still have no definite plans of staying here. Rann works in a Vegan restaurant in the east village. I sat inside and he handed me tea and a plate of chocolate-coconut tofu pie (yes! tofu pie!) followed by a cold glass of chocolate milk. How was the pie? Well, let me just say that I pity the vegan community if that is their version of a cheesecake. It was not bad, but not great either.
I spent the next couple of hours listening to Rann and allowing him to revive my belief in the American dream. I may not be any less confused than I was yesterday, but at least I feel lighter. My options look more hopeful now, all I have to do is make the decision to jump (again!). I then started to wonder why I was so ready to jump off a cliff and risk everything for the sake of someone else but find it difficult to do so for my own sake. I think that realization alone helped tip the scales in favor of venturing into the dark side. No final decisions yet. I'm giving Syracuse a shot. We'll see from there.
Answer the tag.
I spent the next couple of hours listening to Rann and allowing him to revive my belief in the American dream. I may not be any less confused than I was yesterday, but at least I feel lighter. My options look more hopeful now, all I have to do is make the decision to jump (again!). I then started to wonder why I was so ready to jump off a cliff and risk everything for the sake of someone else but find it difficult to do so for my own sake. I think that realization alone helped tip the scales in favor of venturing into the dark side. No final decisions yet. I'm giving Syracuse a shot. We'll see from there.
Answer the tag.
you adapt.
to pick one side is: to fight no matter what. however, if there are other things you can do, while waiting to fulfil your dream, why don't you do it?
all i'm saying is, don't give up. it may not happen tomorrow or next year or even in 10-that doesn't mean that you stop dreaming or trying to achieve it. nor does it mean that you stop living life solely to pursue it.
does that help?