Ok, before I even start, can I just rant about my trip to the theater?
So I finally decided to go out and see a movie. I've never been to the theater here in Astoria so I had to map out my bus route online and try to remember where I had to go. I walked a few blocks out to the bus stop google maps told me to go to. I got to the corner and saw no bus stop. I walked up and down both sides of the street and saw no sign. I figured I read the directions wrong and walked back to the apartment to check again. I wasn't wrong, it insisted on the corner with no bus stop. So I traced the bus route and decided to walk to a different stop on the route a few blocks further down. I stood there for 30 minutes in the windy cold. It felt like forever. My original plan was to see the 3:35 showing and originally left the apartment at 2:45. I ended up watching the 5:15!!!
What did I see?
TWILIGHT.
Okay. So when I finished the book, I wanted to write a post here retracting my initial review of the book. Why? Well, because I was so disappointed. I know I said I loved it the first time I mentioned it but I had only read halfway and was so hyped up by the moments leading up to the first time they kissed. The rest of it was like a dragged on extension of the first half. Bella keeps tripping while drooling over Edward as he repeatedly tries to save her from herself. Even the final scene was dull and blaah. The book left me with little to no desire to go out and buy the next one. I will spend my money on Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book instead.
So was the movie any better for me?
NO. I was already deliberating whether to spend my $10 on this or on Quantum of Solace but finally opted to give the movie version a chance. I saw the trailer and it didn't leave me scrambling for the door on it's opening day. It had its little kilig moments but honestly, the movie I played in my head while reading the book was way better. It lacked real substance and I feel people who've never read the book will leave feeling unsatisfied. It was predictable (not in the way because I've read the book) and the acting was HORRIBLE. Ugh. I was squirming in my seat most of the time and had the same uncomfortable expression I had when I saw Anakin and Padme roll around the fields in Attack of the Clones. Come on people. Seriously, kilig factor aside, it was a terrible movie.
The only thing I loved about Twilight is the awesome photography for the movie posters. Hehe.
People who are calling it the next Harry Potter need to be shot dead. COME ON! It is so NOT! JK Rowling invented an entirely different WORLD! Twilight was a modern day fantasy Jane Austen knock off.
What did I see?
TWILIGHT.
Okay. So when I finished the book, I wanted to write a post here retracting my initial review of the book. Why? Well, because I was so disappointed. I know I said I loved it the first time I mentioned it but I had only read halfway and was so hyped up by the moments leading up to the first time they kissed. The rest of it was like a dragged on extension of the first half. Bella keeps tripping while drooling over Edward as he repeatedly tries to save her from herself. Even the final scene was dull and blaah. The book left me with little to no desire to go out and buy the next one. I will spend my money on Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book instead.
So was the movie any better for me?
NO. I was already deliberating whether to spend my $10 on this or on Quantum of Solace but finally opted to give the movie version a chance. I saw the trailer and it didn't leave me scrambling for the door on it's opening day. It had its little kilig moments but honestly, the movie I played in my head while reading the book was way better. It lacked real substance and I feel people who've never read the book will leave feeling unsatisfied. It was predictable (not in the way because I've read the book) and the acting was HORRIBLE. Ugh. I was squirming in my seat most of the time and had the same uncomfortable expression I had when I saw Anakin and Padme roll around the fields in Attack of the Clones. Come on people. Seriously, kilig factor aside, it was a terrible movie.
The only thing I loved about Twilight is the awesome photography for the movie posters. Hehe.
People who are calling it the next Harry Potter need to be shot dead. COME ON! It is so NOT! JK Rowling invented an entirely different WORLD! Twilight was a modern day fantasy Jane Austen knock off.
Edward Cullen isn't even worthy of carrying Harry Potter's dirty jockstrap on a bad day! I listened halfway through the audiobook and quite frankly, it doesn't compare.
(guess what the word verification is on this comment... it's MYCOUCHE). bwahahaha!
SOBRANG mataas lang expectations nyo.
I thought it was more accurate than when they did Harry Potter the movie.
CMON! It's a love story. It's supoosed to be sappy. HP was FAR from a love story. There was no comparison to being with.
if people are going to hype it up as they did, i definitely will expect an awesomely good book, not a romance novel.
i have no issues with how they translated the book to the screen. they did fine. the acting was bad though, and the shots were predictable.
i referred to its comparison to hp based on the articles i've read about it being likened to the jk rowling series.