Scrubs and Thai Food

Worked in MOA this weekend. Yesterday Sara texted us saying that Sunday was going to be Grey's Anatomy day and she was providing scrubs for everyone. We all looked like med students at work! I had to be careful and removed my scrubs when I went out for lunch for fear of suddenly being presented with a medical emergency and having everyone look at me for help. Baka maka-patay pa ako, di bale nalang po.

Pero shempre ang lola mo kinareer ang photoshoot. Gumawa pa ng collage diba.
In other news, I finally had a taste of thai food after 10 months. Sara recommended I try Jatujak in MOA for my lunch.
I've seen this place before when sila Niki and I were on our way to Italliani's in MOA for dinner a couple of months ago. I've always said that one day I will go and check it out. I never got around to it and every time I'd be in MOA, I ended up eating something else.

So today I gave it a try. I ordered my "SF usual," thai iced tea and chicken saté with rice. The thai iced tea came first. It looked promising...
It came in an extra large glass with crushed ice and freshly poured milk. I took a sip and was slightly disappointed. It tasted like the one in SF only it was a bit more watered down. It was so-so, a decent flip substitute for my favorite drink.

The chicken saté came soon after. For about P170, they gave you 6 skewers and a good amount of the cucumber-onion siding. The peanut sauce didn't come on the side like it does in SF, they poured it all over the skewers like a sauce. It had bits of nuts, onions and some other stuff in it so I was immediately intrigued.

I cut a piece and took a bite.

Below are the series of events that occurred soon after that first bite:
1. an explosion of flavor
2. my eyes started to tear up
3. I wanted to yell out "OH MY GOD!"
4. Since I was alone and didn't want to look like crazy person, I covered my face with my hands to stop myself from yelping
5. I shake my head

IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ONE IN SF!

Serving was enough to share between two people. Pero since matakaw ako, inubos ko lahat yon ng magisa. Pati yung cucumber salad inupakan ko. Joskopoh! Napakasarap! Niki! More reason to get fat! Punta tayo dali! Sa Wednesday! Kasama si Jammi!

I'm so upset that I discovered this place 10 months into my Manila "visit." I wish I'd have gone here sooner, and more often! I wanna go again tomorrow! I want to try so many things! Chicken Kao Pad! Sticky rice with mango! Bagoong rice! Green Chicken Curry! More chicken saté!

This entry was posted by Kari. Bookmark the permalink.