I will be in Alaminos, Pangasinan for the next 4 days. I'm not sure if I will have internet there but I do know that I will still be working on work stuff even if I'm in the province.
I'm thinking of doing a travel journal during this time. I still have the journal Rita gave me before I left for SF last year and I haven't really been using it since I have this blog. I used to write in journals all the time. My journal was my friend back in college. I even patterned the design of my college interactive CD to my journal. I love that journal. I love re-reading and seeing what I was like back then. I wish I had it now. It's currently on a (probably) dusty shelf in Paul's record room. I wonder if Paul even knows what it is and if he's ever read it. If he has I hope he knows that was me THEN. I was so hilariously pathetic.
My constant long road trip soundtrack has always been to the music of Alanis Morissette. I don't know why but that's how it's always been. I remember I was 12 years old and we were on the road from Syracuse to Queens and that was the year Jagged Little Pill came out. I bought it in Hawaii and my grandfather lent me his walkman so I could listen to it in the car. It was on a loop for 6 hours and I've always associated long trips with that album. Fourteen years later and I'm still doing the same thing.
Christmas is going to suck (don't let me explain na) but I'm going to load my mac and iPod with movies and music to distract me over the holidays. I have a sh!tload of work to do anyway.
Oh, and have I mentioned that I'm counting down to 8 weeks before I'm in US soil once again? EIGHT WEEKS! That's real soon! I was on the way to work today when I kept thinking about it and realized that I underestimated how much I'm going to miss Manila and everyone here. In my one-year "visit" I have met new friends and "revitalized" old ones. Created new traditions: Heroes night, wednesday with the usual suspects, thursday group inuman, dress-up parties, bona nights, etc. I'm going to miss them all. Once a month spa visits, weekly foot massages, delicious food and wonderful company. I will be in a friendless place once again. Sigh...I wish things were different. I wish I can bring all of my friends with me so it won't be so sad when I'm alone in the house everyday waiting for Paul to get home from work.
*sigh*
Post a Comment