Morning Ho-Hum

Woke up earlier than usual today, 10am! Hey, that's early enough for me. It's been getting harder and harder to wake up at this hour lately. It's kind of odd because if I'm not mistaken, I slept close to 3-4am this morning. I was up reading The Subtle Knife. I have to finish it soon since Tin is reading The Golden Compass right now and she's about to finish. Her not having work gives her more time to read. She wants to read Book 2 as soon as she's done so I'm trying my best to hurry it up. Buying the trilogy box set has been one of my best buys lately I think.

It's a gloomy morning, cooler than usual and it's raining out. I love the smell of rain. Sleeping in this room with a window facing the vacant lot beside the house has had it's ups and downs. I hear lots of things at night, drunken neighbors singing karaoke, partying neighbors playing techno/trance crap late in the night, cats wailing during mating season, Maxie in his cage (our labrador) shifting in his sleep. One thing I love is the smell of rain in the morning. People tell me it's not really the rain I smell but the scent of the soil steaming through when the rain cools it off. I don't really care. It's one of the things I missed most when it was raining in San Francisco. Living in a third story apartment in the middle of the Haight will not give me the same morning whiff of so-called soil steam. Hihi. Normally, waking up in this kind of weather would make me want to wrap myself up in my blanket and doze off some more but for some reason, I'm wide awake without a trace of my usual grogginess.

Wow, it's raining really hard now. Hard enough for rain to splash onto the wall and into my window to sprinkle my macbook screen. How am I gonna get to my car and into Mall of Asia in this rain? Whoops.

This entry was posted by Kari. Bookmark the permalink.