I put a question mark in there since it's 10:20pm and that may be late for most people. But seeing as I normally sleep at 4am, this is early for me. Taking a break from watching A Cook's Tour episodes (hurray! JA finally gave them to me!). I've read Anthony Bourdain's book 3 times and loved it every single time. The book got me fascinated with Vietnam Cuisine. I love it. Seeing the Saigon episodes with him eating pho at the market place made me hungry. My favorite one is when he rides a boat on the Mekong Delta and buys breakfast from the so-called boat stalls that float alongside him. I want to go to Vietnam just to have Pho by the market. Yummy!Oh and his (mis)adventures in Tokyo was just amazing. Eating all those sushi! I've had sushi three times this week and I still want more. I love sushi so much I want to go Japan. I wonder if what mama said is true about getting a Japanese visa is hard for pinoys. That's too bad, because I really want to go! Punta tayo bb ha!
Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistant irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by a rumor of a cold. Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a "vegetarian plate," if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.- Anthony Bourdain
People often ask me why vegans are the enemy of everything that is good and decent and must be hunted down and destroyed so their genes don't pass on to future generations, it's because if you can't enjoy even a stinky, nice, runny, ripe cheese like this, you may as well kill yourself now.
Now back to my show! I have yet to see that pig-killing ep from Portugal, drunken ep from Moscow and that desert camp in Morocco. Weee! You should finish reading the book bb. It's so much fun!
Post a Comment