I just finished a pint of Haagen Dazs Butter Pecan. I feel somewhat bad having just finished all of it in one go but I can't deny that it was soooo goooood.
I just got myself so excited and salivating once again after my chat with Louiie regarding the itinerary for her short return to NYC. Well, actually, after I gave her the details, I noticed it wasn't so much of an itinerary as it was an eating schedule. All I really gave her were restaurant names I was gonna take her for brunch and dinner and on what days we were going. Seriously, my fascination with food is getting a little too much but I don't see the need to stop anytime soon. I will be taking her to my recent favorites (Apiary and Prune) but what I'm most excited about is our midnight trip to Kum Gang San (the korean BBQ place) after my shift on Saturday night. I just found out that the korean bbq place is open 24 HOURS! So I figured we'd go scarf down some beef and kimchi after my shift, which ends at midnight (if I'm lucky).
I'm currently reading Waiter Rant and am laughing my ass off (I don't care if I look like an idiot with my restrained chuckles while reading on the subway). That book is so incredibly hilarious and SO relate-able. If you have time to read, go and get it! If you've read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, then what it did for your perception of kitchen behavior will be the same for your view of waiters. Really! It's sooo funny to me because everything I've read so far has happened to me!!! I'm not alone! Warning though, once you've read it, you shall be compelled to always tip your servers 20%, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and ensures excellent service on your future visits.
Ok, back to my book.
I'm currently reading Waiter Rant and am laughing my ass off (I don't care if I look like an idiot with my restrained chuckles while reading on the subway). That book is so incredibly hilarious and SO relate-able. If you have time to read, go and get it! If you've read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, then what it did for your perception of kitchen behavior will be the same for your view of waiters. Really! It's sooo funny to me because everything I've read so far has happened to me!!! I'm not alone! Warning though, once you've read it, you shall be compelled to always tip your servers 20%, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and ensures excellent service on your future visits.
Ok, back to my book.
Post a Comment