BMW

B.runch, M.ovie and W.ork

Last night, I promised myself I wasn't going to waste another Saturday morning at home watching nonsensical crap on Hulu or surfing the web (a.k.a. refreshing Facebook about 50 times). When I got home from work, I found Mica in the living room reading and I invited her to go to brunch with me this morning followed by watching Alice in Wonderland before I had to go to work. I set my alarm, woke up this morning an HOUR after it rang. Caitlin woke up soon after I did and we invited her along for brunch. Went to Flatbush Farm since I was craving for their sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits. I ended up ordering the Chorizo Stew and eggs instead, which freaking ROCKED btw.
meet our new roommate Caitlin
here's Mica overly salting her meal
(as she does with just about everything)

We checked out The Brooklyn Larder over on the next block to see what they had in store. I was disappointed to see they didn't have a wide collection of cheeses. I was hoping I didn't have to go all the way to the west village to get my cheese fix. I did, however, find these
I was not aware that Davao produced chocolate or cocoa beans good enough to merit a $10 chocolate bar. I love the packaging and it's pretty good too.

Mica and I headed to the cinema while Caitlin headed to the flea market. It was a good thing Mica and I went early because within minutes the theater filled up and were please to get good seats. The movie was a joy to watch although I guess you can't get anymore elaborate with it plot-wise since it's Alice in Wonderland. I was very much excited to see this since I've mentioned before that it's my favorite book of all time. I suppose since I was a child, I gravitated more to reading stories of fantasy that take me to places no one can go and people you will never meet. Which is also why I think I love Neil Gaiman so much.

Work was surprisingly busy. Last night was busy too so we expected tonight to be slow. It's rare that we get both Friday and Saturday full, it's usually one or the other but we had good luck this weekend.

I got home and was pleased to see Caitlin brought a bottle of wine home from work so Mica and I had a glass before bed. Quoting a line from Waiter Rant, "For waiters, your first drink is medicinal, your second is for relaxation and the third will anesthetize you."

I have another 12 hour day tomorrow so one glass is enough to put me to bed.