OMG.
I think all I can remember about this week is all the food I've consumed. I am still reeling from the fantastic korean dinner I had today with family after Ana's baby shower. I specifically requested to be off today because I wanted to attend Ana's shower. I can't even remember the last time I saw Tita Susan and she was flying in just for the day's event and flying back to Mississippi tomorrow.


I've never attended a shower before so it felt reminiscent of a rom-com movie where all the girls would break into a chorus of "awwwwwwwws...." and giggles everytime Ana opened presents and showed them little baby shoes and baby jumpers. They had light finger foods and I attacked the plate of mini beef turnovers which tasted so much like those Jamaican Patties I used to get from ATC. Mygahd I miss those.
Omar was so cute being the only boy at the party. I suppose you can break the no boys in a baby shower rule for an adorable 9 year old. He was so eager to join the games despite everything being baby related and prizes for winners were targeted for females. I wuvwuv my omeeboy.

After the shower, the family headed up to Flushing for Korean BBQ dindin. It was so good, I was in Kimchi heaven. I have got to take Mica and a couple of other people there. It's amazing food and good value for money. OO Ging, dadalhin kita doon. Kung kelan ka man mapadpad dito.
Name drop time!
My cousin Miya is studying at Brown University. She told me this one story about a day she was in her dorm room studying when a girl peeks her head in the door and says something like "Oh wow, you have a quad!" (quad=four to a room, most rooms in Brown are two to a room) Miya looks up and sees Emma Watson standing on her doorway! If you've been reading entertainment news, you'll learn she's enrolled herself in Brown last fall and chose to stay in the dorms like the other students as opposed to getting her own flat. According to Miya, she walked in and looked around the large dorm room and said something about wanting to live there. Miya said she watched her walk around with her mouth open. Miya also says she looks exactly like she does in photos, which would be absolutely gorgeous, by the way. It's very rare I gush over young actresses nowadays. Most of the existing ones you see on magazines now are complete idiots. Emma Watson joins the ranks of young women like Ellen Page whom I very much admire.


I've never attended a shower before so it felt reminiscent of a rom-com movie where all the girls would break into a chorus of "awwwwwwwws...." and giggles everytime Ana opened presents and showed them little baby shoes and baby jumpers. They had light finger foods and I attacked the plate of mini beef turnovers which tasted so much like those Jamaican Patties I used to get from ATC. Mygahd I miss those.
Omar was so cute being the only boy at the party. I suppose you can break the no boys in a baby shower rule for an adorable 9 year old. He was so eager to join the games despite everything being baby related and prizes for winners were targeted for females. I wuvwuv my omeeboy.
After the shower, the family headed up to Flushing for Korean BBQ dindin. It was so good, I was in Kimchi heaven. I have got to take Mica and a couple of other people there. It's amazing food and good value for money. OO Ging, dadalhin kita doon. Kung kelan ka man mapadpad dito.
Name drop time!
My cousin Miya is studying at Brown University. She told me this one story about a day she was in her dorm room studying when a girl peeks her head in the door and says something like "Oh wow, you have a quad!" (quad=four to a room, most rooms in Brown are two to a room) Miya looks up and sees Emma Watson standing on her doorway! If you've been reading entertainment news, you'll learn she's enrolled herself in Brown last fall and chose to stay in the dorms like the other students as opposed to getting her own flat. According to Miya, she walked in and looked around the large dorm room and said something about wanting to live there. Miya said she watched her walk around with her mouth open. Miya also says she looks exactly like she does in photos, which would be absolutely gorgeous, by the way. It's very rare I gush over young actresses nowadays. Most of the existing ones you see on magazines now are complete idiots. Emma Watson joins the ranks of young women like Ellen Page whom I very much admire.



Post a Comment