I'm referring to myself.
I have always been a Starbucks drinker. One thing I've been telling people about my promotion is that all it really did was provide me the funds for me to be able to to afford my coffee drink everyday.
I've tried others of course. I found Seattle's Best's drinks to be so-so and Coffee Bean's Iced Blended to be too sweet. However, I've always loved the consistency of CBTL's Iced Blended coffee. It's blended so smooth but not too much to make it a puree. I hate how a few sips into my Starbucks frapp and a chunk of ice gets stuck in my straw. For a time, I wished there was a drink that had the taste of starbucks but with the consistency of coffee bean's.
I found it...and who better to turn me to the dark side
but Jamila Nedjadi?Enter, BONA Coffee. Short for Bohemian Nation.
I've only known of this place's existence recently when I had my haircut. The small cafe is located right next to my salon. My first impression was "blaaah!" They had a brochure in their salon that said their drinks contained a mere fraction of the calories of a Starbucks drink. Not the health buff, I was not swayed. I was never the type to count calories or limit my carb intake. BRING ON THE WHOLE MILK! A machiatto sucks without it.
Fast forward to last week. Jammi has been going on and on about it. Apparently, she is a regular. Ara and I finally decide to give it a try after our Sonya's trip. We go in, choose our drink, we are served, I pick it up and take a sip...


DEAR LAWD.
Ara, who has just taken a sip off her own drink looks at me. I try hers.
HOMAYGAHD.
I was sold.
Friday Night, 11:30pm. Bea texts me, "Andito kami sa Bona, P*t@ng!n@!!! Ang Sarap!!"
Saturday morning, Jammi is to pick me up for work. I had to ask, "Can we pass by BONA on the way?" *small smile* Jammi chuckles, "I TOLD YOU!"
Just tonight, Bea, Paul and I take Niki with us. She takes one sip of her Choco Mint Iced Blended. No exxageration, she screams, "OH MY GOD!!! Dito nalang tayo lagi pwede?"

Wait, there's more! THEY HAVE FREE WI-FI!
SOLD!
SOLD!




Post a Comment