Foot Spa Reviews and other news

I had no plans today. I just wanted to spend it outside and not in front of my mac for once. I was supposed to get my car washed but since it's been raining nonstop for days, I opted to get a footspa instead. I didn't go to my usual place behind the church (Footspa + Pedicure + tip=P250) but decided to try Nail Essentials, located across Big Apple Pizza, beside the bridal place near Tahanan Village. I didn't know how much their services were but went in and saw that they had no customers. It was a very small, dimly lit place with soft seating and plush throw pillows. In the background I could hear what the owner must think is "soothing jazz music." I didn't mind it so much, I had a book to keep me occupied. I said I wanted a foot spa, they offered me one of their spa packages, I declined saying I do way too much with my hands that a manicure would be wasted on my nails. Truth is, my budget only allowed for feet pampering, but they didn't have to know that.

It began like the usual foot spa, a wash, then a soak in that vibrating buzzing thing(what is that thing called anyway?). I noticed she had an organized tray beside her with all the items she would need placed in a neat arrangement and a variety of colored containers that I later found held single serving sized portions of lotion, scrub and other balms. My first thought was, either they're very kuripot with their stocks or they use high end products that they need to equally portion their stuff per customer. I could imagine them refilling those teeny tiny canisters with lotion, oils and scrubs in the morning. I didn't think much of it during the course of the experience. I was too busy getting scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed, literally. She used three different types of those scrubby things on my foot. The massage was the most anticipated part of the experience. I have this thing with foot rubs, I absolutely LOVE them. When she was done, I touched my foot and found that they were softer than they've ever been. I guess all that scrubbing worked on my tired, callused feet. The price? Footspa + the optional foot mask (which rocked) + tip=P340. A pedicure would cost you an additional P150. It's pricier than my usual place but the over-all experience was worth it I think.

Doing this made me want to try a new spa place every week. So far nothing has topped my experience at The Spa in Alabang. I almost drooled and fell asleep with all the foot rubbing goodness. Next week, I will try that Thai Massage and Foot Spa Center across Shakey's in BF.

Other News

No offense to fans of Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors but I've been reading it on and off for weeks and I haven't found a single short story that I liked that compared to the one he hid in the introduction. Well, until this afternoon that is. I read "We Can Get Them For You Wholesale" while having my foot scrubbed today and I thought it was so funny how the protagonist kept on getting duped into getting the "bargain price." Read the story here.

What was even funnier is I myself got duped today into getting something just because it was cheap. I went to Ruins and saw this necklace that had cute little charms. The lady said they made it themselves and that she was willing to knock off P50 off the price if I wanted it. I took it and left happy. That is until, in the course of my window shopping, saw a similar one at half the price of the other one. What did I do? I bought the other one too! I couldn't resist the sight of a bargain, even if I had the exact same thing in my bag already. I left Ruins after that before I finished off whats left of the money in my wallet. Pay day is not until Friday and I needed to make my moolah last.

This entry was posted by Kari. Bookmark the permalink.