Foot Spa Review #2

My exhaustion has caught up with me. When I got home last night, I was supposed to have dinner and head back out to hang with sila Bea to watch Heroes as Paul's house. Long story short, I passed out and was not able to get up and leave. I woke up at 12noon today. Lunch was tuyo and I wanted something fancier for my day-off so I showered, got dressed and went to Conti's where I had a mango royale salad and pancit molo. Then I decided to try out my second foot spa center today, this place called Sawasdee Siam on President's Ave. across Shakey's. They have the most uncomplicated spa menu I have ever seen. Mainly because they only offer two services: Thai Body Massage (P450) and Thai Foot Spa (P250). That was it. No packages, no special ek-ek, no body scrubs, nada. I was loving it already. I was surprised how big it was inside since it had a very small entrance. You wouldn't realize that the area would stretch to a larger back area. Here, they provide you with single-seating lounge chairs lined up against a wall facing a landscaped garden through a floor to ceiling glass window. Each chair is separated by curtain panels so you can enjoy your privacy without having to worry about other customers looking at you if in case you fall asleep. Which, by the way, seems to happen a lot. The woman beside me was snoring so loudly. Thanks God I had my iPod and a book.

So how was it? Well, if you're looking a place that would scrub your tootsies leaving them so soft and supple like a baby's bonbon, then this is NOT the place for you. The lady hardly scrubbed my foot at all. Plus she used a scrub that seemed so worn down that it can't at all be called a foot scrubber. However, if you enjoy having foot massages and consider them the main event of any foot therapy session, then I highly recommend this place. I understood why she rushed through the scrubbing phase, it was because she took FOREVER massaging my feet. It was awesome! I almost fell asleep if not for the loud snoring beside me. It was just like the place JA and Owee took me to a couple of months back that cost P600!! Of course, the ambiance and look of the place all rolled into the price but if you want the service for less than half the price, then go to this place.

Niki! Punta naman tayo dito!

This entry was posted by Kari. Bookmark the permalink.