Chant that Poison Out


I haven't had a haircut in a year. I was a bit apprehensive about getting a cut here for the first time since Vicky from South Salon has been cutting my hair since 2001. After seeing Rann and Oli's new 'do, I decided to get an appointment at Hair Kuwayama on the East Village. It's run and operated by a bunch of cute japanese girls. Usually the first thing I look at when I enter a salon to get a cut is look at the stylists' hair. If they all have good hair then I can trust them. I got my cut from Aya who seemed more nervous about cutting my hair than I was. She kept asking me if she was doing okay and would snip off little bits at a time and watching how I would react. I left her alone to do her thing while I sat and read a magazine. Later on she asked me if my bangs were too short, I then asked her back what she thought. She stared and scrunched her face up in concentration and kept looking at my hair in all angles before she finally said, "it's okay." I then told her, "Then its okay then. Hey, you know more about hair then I do so if you think it's okay, then it's okay, I trust you." She laughed so hard after that and kept saying "Thank you, thank you" in her cute japanese accent. I didn't really ask for a drastic cut. I just wanted lots of layers to thin out my unruly hair and I got exactly what I wanted. At least now I know she can handle my hair and will definitely come back if I want something more bold.
This is me in the subway making a pa-cute face on my way to Hair Kuwayama. I don't know why my bright orange jacket (Eisa's hand me down) looks red here.


This is me at the New York Culture Center (SGI center) with Rann before the study meeting. The left photo was meant to be a silly face but with Rann's angle made it look sultry.

Since I was off today, Rann invited me to the study meeting for the Empire State district since he was handling the study presentation. I grabbed lunch in one of those falafel corner stands (chicken and lamb over yellow rice with white ad hot sauce YUM) and finished my very late lunch at Rann's restaurant while waiting for him to finish his shift. We headed to the center and chatted until it was time for evening gongyo before the meeting. We had dinner at a nearby pizza place and I headed home in the rain.

I got home to a quiet apartment and proceeded to clean my make-up brushes which I haven't done in a while. I'd rather not say how long, you'd think I'm disgusting. Benny was home but we both realized that the usual noise that we've grown accustomed to was mostly caused by Mica and we both miss her.

Okay, I'm going to finish watching Fa yeung nin wa (In the mood for love) which I started re-watching the other night. It's such a beautiful movie you all need to see it! Since I'm trying to learn the language, I've been trying to watch a bunch of asian movies lately (also saw Kung Fu Hustle and Mou gaan dou - Infernal Affairs FYI: Andy Lau is HOT in that movie, not so much in House of Flying Daggers though) Ok, off to my movie.

2 thoughts on “Chant that Poison Out”

  1. you should watch him in legend of the drunken master! it's an old jackie chan flick. as in mas cute siya kay jackie chan dun! super cuuute! haaay!