Indy!!!

*Warning!*
Spoilers to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull below!!

If you're an Indy fan, like me, you will love it! If you were not a big fan of the trilogy, then you will probably notice the CGI overload, over the top action scenes and the unbelievable bullet dodging by the old man's gang. I noticed them all but enjoyed the movie all the same. It was as Indy as Indy gets. I doubt he did half of his action scenes but I don't care!

I especially loved the mobile sword fight between Shia Lebouf and Cate Blanchett and had to suppress my glee as they ran down the retracting circular staircase. I laughed out loud as Shia threw Indy a giant snake to pull him up from the quicksand. If anyone remembers, Mr. Jones may be quite the adventure seeker but is deathly afraid of snakes. I fondly remember that scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark where he is trapped in the Well of Souls with thousands of snakes (hee!).

The plot was weird though. It was an action-adventure that started true to the Indiana Jones theme but they managed to inject some sci-fi to the whole thing which made it kind of weird. Go watch it! I may watch it again when Bea and Paul watch it! I saw the movie alone which may seem quite sad but being alone became an advantage when I was looking for seats since I managed to find a good spot sandwiched between two couples. The females were snuggled up to their bf's so I had the armrest all to myself.

This entry was posted by Kari. Bookmark the permalink.