My Harlequin Valentine

My Valentine's present to myself arrived in the mail yesterday. I had it delivered at work since I'm there most of the day and was glad it arrived the day I was hosting so I was there to personally receive it. I ripped the package and contained a squeal of delight as I opened my present, my own copy of the Harlequin Valentine graphic novel by Neil Gaiman. I slowly flipped to the cover page and smiled (and may have been a little misty eyed, too). Neil Gaiman's signature was scrawled on the top right corner. I brushed my fingers on the blue ink and thought "He touched my book." So it may be technically cheating to buy a book that's been signed as opposed to meeting him and having my book signed but I don't care. HE.TOUCHED.MY.BOOK.


I woke up this morning and made breakfast. Goat cheese and basil omelet, roasted garlic chicken sausage and toast. The omelet was something Caitlin said was really good so I decided to try it. I shouldn't have scrimped on the goat cheese but otherwise, the omelet was delicious.

One thought on “My Harlequin Valentine”