Been sick since last week. I was actually down with a bad fever last Tuesday and had to call in sick from work. Despite having the day off I still had to to go down, do laundry, shop for food and make my own chicken soup before finally collapsing in bed by 8pm.
The day before that (Monday), I finally made time to take photos of Kendra, who's been asking for headshots from me for months.
Armed with clamp lights from Home Depot and a shoot through umbrella from B&H strapped to a tripod with velcro and Mica holding a gold reflector, we managed to take good photos of Kendra by the window despite the gloomy rainy weather outside that provided us with no sunlight whatsoever.
Given the cheap equipment and poor light source, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome and am inspired to do another one soon. Now if only Caitlin will let me photograph her. She says she afraid of cameras but I will soon change that.
Joe and Tito Ans are back in NYC after their three month trip to the Philippines. Joe called me up as soon as they got back to remind me of my promise to take him to Coney Island before they head back to Syracuse. I was still sick but obliged. I was supposed to take both Joe and Omar out on Sunday but it turned out to be one big family trip since Tito Ans, Nana, Tito Chon, Tito Mo, Ana, Poy and Santi decided to join us and we all hopped on two cars and ventured out to Coney Island. Of course, the rest of the party came just to eat hotdogs and sit by the boardwalk while me and the two boys went in the amusement parks. They went on a few rides and I joined them for the famous Cyclone roller coaster. I personally love coasters but that was one of the scariest rides I've ever been one. It's an old wooden ride and the entire time it shook and rattled and felt like nails would come loose and send us flying in the air. I was sent slamming from one end of my car to the next with every turn since I sat by myself. Joe and Omar had each other to cushion themselves every time the train took a mad, sharp turn.Today, I took Santi's 5th month photos and compared to past few months when he never cooperated and I never really got good smiling photos, today I had the hardest time whittling down images since he was smiling or laughing in 95% of the shots. He was totally adorable today.
Complete albums from all the photo sets featured here can be seen on my Facebook as usual.
This weekend has been an alcohol filled weekend. Me and my ladies, Mica and Caitlin have been drinking since Thursday night. Work has been terribly exhausting and frustrating that I find myself needing a drink every night after work. One time we went to Ulysses and while we were on our way there, I was saying that I wished that no guys would bother us like that 22-year old the last time. I semi got my wish. No 22-year old did bothered us, but in turn, every other older dude tried to catch our attention. One 38-year old named Eugene in particular would not stop coming over and talking to me. He bought me two rounds of drinks (and Mica too) and came and went three times just to try to get my contact information. I gave him nothing and humored him until it was time to catch a cab home.
Friday night was spent hanging out with Dustin (our soon to be ex-subletter) at L'asso Pizza in the lower east side. He works there every weekend until 4am so Mica, Cait and I came over and had pizza and drinks with him. The pizza was amazing. I will have to take Louiie there when she comes.
Today is my day off and decided (by default) to stay in and make something out of whatever I found in the kitchen. I ended up making vanilla-vanilla cupcakes and had Ikea meatballs with buttered veggies and mashed potatoes for dinner.
Working a double tomorrow so I better hit the sack.
Ps: I found this on Neil Gaiman's blog. A photo he took of Amanda Palmer kissing her exboyfriend Blake sometimearound August 17 during her stay in Boston.
Ps: I found this on Neil Gaiman's blog. A photo he took of Amanda Palmer kissing her exboyfriend Blake sometime
and then here's a photo I took on August 13 in Provincetown
Guess the human statue took a fast ferry from Boston to Provincetown for the weekend.
















Post a Comment