Piggybacking on the Neighbor's Wi-fi

Finally finished moving apartments. Woke up at 6am and waited for the movers to come. They hauled out the boxes and we waited for them to finish unloading before I started my assignment, FIX THE KITCHEN! That was seriously the highlight of my day. I'm such a dork, I know, but I was really having fun with among the mess of pots, pans, canned goods and kitchen appliances. Now the kitchen looks good on the outside and and inside too! Drawers and cabinets are arranged by kind and some in color :) I miss being in the kitchen so much! I was in a bit if a high that even when I was tired from all the arranging, I still found the energy to make quick eggs and ginisang sardinas for dindin. We all scarfed down our food within minutes and tossed all the dishes in the dishwasher since no one wanted to wash anything.

Jose's (Kate's husband) daughter Chasi asked me to accompany her to the pool for a late afternoon dip. I sat by the lounge chairs and watched Friends episodes on my iPod while she swam.

I spoke to my mom (finally) last night and we talked for a while. She broke my news to family in New York and it looks like I'll be in the big apple soon. Will wait for Bea and Paul to arrive mid-August so I can see them then decide when I'll move to the east coast after that. I haven't been to back to NY since 1996 so this should be interesting. If my friends in NY are reading this, I'm heading in your direction soon so do holler so we can meet! I'll be familiarizing myself with the subway since I'll be staying with my aunt in Queens. I'm both apprehensive and excited. My departure will depend on when I am able to arrange to have all my stuff and place them in storage until I can decide what my action plans are.

I'll be sharing a room with Chasi until she heads back to Carson on Saturday. I will no longer be bunking in the living room yehey! There's still more unpacking to be had tomorrow and if time permits, I'll take that walk to the mall nearby to check out the Mac store and, uhm, Old Navy. :)

2 thoughts on “Piggybacking on the Neighbor's Wi-fi”

  1. Yey! NY! Can i come? I'd love to stay a day or two when u've settled in. :)

    I wanna gogogogogo gadget flow!

  2. dude.

    I don't know if you've read the part where I said I'll be staying with my AUNT. I don't know how long I'll be in NY anyway. I might be based in Syracuse most of the time and visit NY, NY on some days. For the meantime, I feel I'll be squatting around the US until I decide to settle down in hell.

    I'll be with you guys when you come? Otherwise, I'll have to go to NY sooner.