Another weekend came and went and as per my last post, Vien did win and Mica and I agreed to come out and join him. It was a great thing that we did, too, because Mica's cousin, who was the reason we all came out, got caught up partying with her other friends in the upper east side that we ended up getting drinks and doing a little dancing of our own before calling it a night. I say little dancing because the place we went to had a god-awful DJ that must've been suffering from a weird case of ADD. It was supposedly hiphop night so I was looking forward to bouncing or something along that line. So this DJ would play a song no longer than a minute, sometimes less, and just as you are starting to feel the beat and move, he would change the song to something with a different beat thus throwing you off your groove. It was terrible. Mica and I gave up after 15 mins and we hightailed out of there. The night ended early but we all went to bed nicely inebriated.
Lazy day Sunday followed the day after. I had brunch with Vien, we walked around the east village, then to his place to watch episodes of The Walking Dead, napped, shared a pizza slice, shared a bahn mi sandwich and shared a bowl of ramen. Yes, we went to three different places for dinner. He was trying to convince me to get ice cream but I simply had no room for anything else.
I forgot to photograph the bahn mi sammie because we devoured it too fast.
So he got me into watching this show The Walking Dead. It's a zombie movie much like Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later. I'm not particularly a big zombie movie fan but I am rather enjoying the show a lot. Of course, I am completely unable to watch it by myself because there are scenes that get really uncomfortable to watch that prevent me from continuing. Go see it with someone! It's pretty good.
Post a Comment