I misread my bus ticket to NYC and thought it was leaving at 2:30pm. Ella and Andy took me out to the city to wait for my bus at 11:30am. When I re-checked the schedule, it said 4:30pm. So here I am, at Starbucks, god forbid, because 1.) it's too cold to be walking around and I'm not dressed enough for this weather 2.) I have a very big heavy back pack and a small rolling luggage that I can't leave anywhere. Normally the baggage won't be a problem and I would still be walking around but because of my fall, I have a weak arm that can't carry much of anything for too long. Simply putting my jacket or backpack on is a chore.
Boston looks to me like a city comprised mainly of students from around the world. Everywhere you go you see people with their noses buried in books, highlighting, typing, scribbling furiously on notebooks. I like how it's small enough to walk around in and people are friendly and accommodating. I can tell this won't be my last impromptu trip to this city. I will be back again in one of my future (hopefully) short breaks.
I think my trip to Martha's Vineyard has triggered a travel bug plus having discovered cheap bus tickets even makes trips outside NYC affordable and easy. I've bought a hosteling membership at Hosteling International too so at least lodging won't be a problem in the future. I'm already trying to think where to go next. Vermont? Cape Cod? Washington DC? Oh the possibilities!
Boston looks to me like a city comprised mainly of students from around the world. Everywhere you go you see people with their noses buried in books, highlighting, typing, scribbling furiously on notebooks. I like how it's small enough to walk around in and people are friendly and accommodating. I can tell this won't be my last impromptu trip to this city. I will be back again in one of my future (hopefully) short breaks.
I think my trip to Martha's Vineyard has triggered a travel bug plus having discovered cheap bus tickets even makes trips outside NYC affordable and easy. I've bought a hosteling membership at Hosteling International too so at least lodging won't be a problem in the future. I'm already trying to think where to go next. Vermont? Cape Cod? Washington DC? Oh the possibilities!
Post a Comment