Days off this week

I had three days off this week but despite that, I am so tired. I actually had to beg Lily to give me time off today because I felt like collapsing yesterday at work. I haven't had a personal day since Louiie and Angel landed in NYC and when they left, I had to give Omar his share of my time because he's been complaining that I don't visit him anymore. It's true, before last week, I haven't seen him in over a month. I felt awful so I made up for it by seeing him after I took Louiie to the airport and seeing him again last Tuesday. We spend the afternoon watching TV and taking his new bike out to his schoolyard.

Today, in as much as my body is screaming for another chinese massage, I decided to stay indoors and chill. I did go out to do laundry and pick up a few items at the grocery but the rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning my room, which hasn't been dusted and swept in weeks. Louiie, last night, knowing I'd be spending time indoors, sent me her recipe for chocolate crinkles and Mica and I excitedly attempted it. I made spaghetti for dinner since louiie left a slab of parmesan cheese begging to be grated over pasta and I also made delicious tomato, mozzarella and basil bruscettas while waiting for the crinkles to finish baking.


Last Sunday, I spent a gloomy day on the beach and boardwalk in Coney Island with Angel. We both have never been there and we decided to go despite weather reports announcing rain.

more photos from this trip here

It, of course, rained as soon as we hit the beach and had to wander around while waiting for it to stop. When it did, we lay down on the sand despite the absence of sun. The cool breeze helped give us a really good nap and if Angel hadn't woken me up saying the sun was setting, I would have slept till it was out.

We took a ride on the wonder wheel before heading home and stuffing ourselves in sardines and garlic fried rice.

On a separate note, if you haven't seen these on my facebook yet then watch them now!





Plus this one that I can't embed but I hope you can view.