Rayuela NYC

Mica and I were dying to take advantage of restaurant week, and apparently so was Mica's friend Nathan. So he made reservations for us in Rayuela in the Lower East Side. As with other participating restos, $35 gives you an appetizer, entree and dessert.

Appetizer + Entree was fantastic
Dessert was so-so, we expected more from something they called a "lava" cake.

Service was abysmal.

Our reservation was at 9:30pm. We were there early. we were seated at 10pm but only started getting served food by 11pm. We had two pitchers of sangria which is starting to be a habit for the 3 of us. The last time we had sangria was at the spanish tapas place in Chelsea and Mica and I got so drunk we took a cab all the way to Brooklyn.

I had the:
Albondigas de Cordero
Lamb Meat Balls served in a truffle-tetilla sauce and sprinkled with bacon and asparagus

Cochinillo a la Vaca Frita
Slow roasted pork rubbed with garlic, jalapeƱo and onions, paired with puree of boniato and smothered in salsa mole rojo

Lava Cake
Molten chocolate cake with dulce de leche and chocolate sauce. Served with vanilla ice cream

Mica and Nathan had:
Ensalada de Camarones
Cajun marinated grilled shrimp over mixed green salad with avocado and green peas. Served with pineapple ginger vinaigrette

Entrecot a la plancha
Panka pepper marinated grilled Rib Eye steak served over garlic malanga puree and a Cabrales cheese demi sauce

I tried their steak and I wished I ordered it myself despite my pork being amazing by itself.


Rayuela resto week menu can be found here and the photos from the rest of the night, including our drunken camwhoring on the way home can be seen here.

Next stop will hopefully be at Megu where they're serving kobe beef. Chea!