I was off unusually earlier yesterday since Mica volunteered to take my dinner shift in exchange for my covering her shift the day before. I had planned on heading up to midtown and checking out the Tim Burton exhibit at the MOMA. I got there at 5pm only to see the ticket booths were closed since the museum closes at 5:30pm. I didn't know that. Last time I was at MOMA was my birthday in 2008. On my way back down to the subway I saw a huge SALE sprawled across the window display of H&M. I should not have gone in. Two hours later, my hands were heavier and my wallet lighter.
I was hungry as hell after all that shopping and headed down to Union Square to meet Rann for dinner. Since the weather has dipped to the 20s-30s, I've been craving a lot of hearty diner foods so I headed to Chat 'n Chew which served homestyle diner dishes. I had their meatloaf and gravy with mashed potatoes and veggies. It was really good!!! I would have had a slice of their apple pie a la mode if I wasn't stuffed already. We met up with Oli after and headed to their apartment in Chelsea. It's the first time I saw their new place since they moved in last December. It's a really cute studio apartment that's perfect for the married couple but a little pricey for someone like myself to live by myself. Mica and I have this determination that we would be able to move out into our own two bedroom apartment by 2011. Hopefully all works out as we hope.
I sat in their apartment and had awesome conversation that eventually lead to Oli busting out post it notes as she wrote down all the requirements of my "ideal guy." She then re-wrote everything into a pretty postcard which she gave me. She says I need to have something physically out there if I want this guy to come into my life. Gee, I hope that works.
I introduced the Golamco couple to websites with access to free pirated online movies and Oli was so excited that we watched It's Complicated last night. She even sent Rann out to the grocery store to buy snacks. Mica followed after her shift and we all sat down drinking beer and mooching on chips and chicken fingers.
Got home around two and I passed out soon after since I had an early shift this morning. Work was boring, nothing much to tell there. Picked up alcohol on the way home and Mica and I drank and snacked on grapes as we greeted the start of her birthday.
I got laundry tomorrow before work. I'm also hoping to have enough time to make pancakes with flambeed apricots. If I don't get lazy, then I may show you a photo. We shall see tomorrow.
I was hungry as hell after all that shopping and headed down to Union Square to meet Rann for dinner. Since the weather has dipped to the 20s-30s, I've been craving a lot of hearty diner foods so I headed to Chat 'n Chew which served homestyle diner dishes. I had their meatloaf and gravy with mashed potatoes and veggies. It was really good!!! I would have had a slice of their apple pie a la mode if I wasn't stuffed already. We met up with Oli after and headed to their apartment in Chelsea. It's the first time I saw their new place since they moved in last December. It's a really cute studio apartment that's perfect for the married couple but a little pricey for someone like myself to live by myself. Mica and I have this determination that we would be able to move out into our own two bedroom apartment by 2011. Hopefully all works out as we hope.
I sat in their apartment and had awesome conversation that eventually lead to Oli busting out post it notes as she wrote down all the requirements of my "ideal guy." She then re-wrote everything into a pretty postcard which she gave me. She says I need to have something physically out there if I want this guy to come into my life. Gee, I hope that works.
I introduced the Golamco couple to websites with access to free pirated online movies and Oli was so excited that we watched It's Complicated last night. She even sent Rann out to the grocery store to buy snacks. Mica followed after her shift and we all sat down drinking beer and mooching on chips and chicken fingers.
Got home around two and I passed out soon after since I had an early shift this morning. Work was boring, nothing much to tell there. Picked up alcohol on the way home and Mica and I drank and snacked on grapes as we greeted the start of her birthday.
I got laundry tomorrow before work. I'm also hoping to have enough time to make pancakes with flambeed apricots. If I don't get lazy, then I may show you a photo. We shall see tomorrow.
Post a Comment